Thursday 19 September 2013

MAC Vegas Volt Lipstick Review


 
We all love the little black bullets of lip goodness that MAC cosmetics constantly tempt us with, and I’m only about to tempt you with more. Vegas Volt, not a new shade from MAC I’ll say, but it is one that I, alongside many, love.
 
 
Vegas Volt is from MAC’s Amplified collection, a collection that holds more of the vivid colours from the range, which are all gorgeous. What I love about the Amplified finish is that the pigmentation is so rich, the colour you see on the stick is pretty much the exact colour that’ll transfer onto your lips. They are also fairly moisturising, with them having a creamy consistency there is no need to add lipgloss, they keep the lips nourished on their own. Vegas Volt holds great lasting power too, you can get a good couple of hours out of it without reapplying, but of course, a touch up will be needed if you’ve been caught stuffing your face! I’ve worn this shade all over the summer, and I’m pretty disappointed that it’ll probably be shoved to the back of the drawer once the winter colours start creeping in. The shade is something between a coral and a subtle orange with yellow tones. I have been loving this colour in everything, from blush form, to polishes, to my bags and shoes. So if we do get one more surprising day of sun amongst these rainy September days, I’ll definitely be embracing this shade one last time.
 
^ Swatch with flash, followed by swatch without flash

Vegas Volt - £15.00 @ MAC
Have you tried this MAC shade before? Which ones are your favourite?
Han X

No comments:

Post a Comment